March 27, 2008
After a year and a half of planning, we are finally in our new studio space, around the corner from our old space, on 50 South 1st Street. With a single, unified space we now have a:
- Multi-light print viewing area so prints can be viewed under tungsten, fluorescent, or daylight-balanced HMI light
- Electrostatic air cleaner
- Central image management system with dual gigabyte ethernet available to all workstations
- New daylight balance viewing booth
- Space for our new seminar series. On April 18th, 2008, we will be offering our first free seminar: The Small-Scale Digitization Project.
High-speed digital scanning camera system to enable the us to create files of the highest possible resolution for free-standing and larger objects
Epson Stylus Pro 11880 Colorburst printer with these features:
- High density pigment inks which allow for a wider color gamut
- Superior sepia tone printing; improved color accuracy of neutral and dark colors
- Matte and Photo Black cartridges, which switch automatically depending on the surface of the support
- Border-free roll prints from 10” to 64” wide
- Optimized for pigment ink technology (more on pigment ink printing next week)
Every effort was made to utilize the principles of green construction in our new space, including LED lights, bamboo floors, geothermal heating and cooling systems, and recycled paper-batting insulation. And the roof is a Green Roof – we will be posting images of our garden throughout the year, so check in regularly.